Texas House Bill 4545
“What does this mean to my district and schools?”
Texas House Bill 4545 calls for accelerated supplementary instruction in the 2021-2022 school year or summer of 2022 for any student who did not pass STAAR in spring of 2021.
ASCEND MATH MEETS HB4545 GUIDELINES AND PREPARES STUDENTS FOR STAAR:
- Delivers targeted Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)-aligned instruction in math. Study plans are automatically created and designed to focus only on the gaps in each student’s TEKS; thereby accelerating learning.
- Provides instructional resources including videos, interactive manipulatives, printable worksheets, and practice to assist the student in achieving satisfactory performance.
- Contains ample material to deliver 30 plus hours of instruction at any level 3-8 or EOC.
- Students utilizing Ascend Math have a strong track record of showing growth in and passing STARR.
- Students utilizing Ascend Math have realized multiple grade level gains in as little as one semester and are proven to demonstrate one year or more growth in STAAR.